As soon as summer comes to an end, you can be sure to find your local grocery store filled with all things pumpkin! But pumpkin doesn’t have to be a flavor enjoyed only in the fall. Especially when you use it to make yummy treats like this Pumpkin-Chocolate-Cranberry Bread!
Before we dive into the nitty-gritty of the recipe, here are some facts on the ingredients that will make you feel even healthier when you serve this deliciousness to your family and friends or try to woo your co-workers with your baking acumen!
Pumpkin has many health benefits including: rich in Vitamin A, high in antioxidants and promotes healthy skin and immunity!
Dark Chocolate: the rumors are true…in small doses, chocolate is good for you! It is a powerful form of antioxidants, may improve blood flow and may reduce risk of heart disease.
Cranberries: They are probably best know for reducing risk of urinary tract infections, but these beautiful berries can also help improve digestion and may reduce bad cholesterol.
So enjoy this not-to-sweet dense bread regularly and reduce your guilty conscience when you do!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (pumpkin only)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter (unsalted, almonds only)
- 3 Tbsp honey (raw is best!)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 4 oz bar 80-100% dark chocolate (can also use dark chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat over to 375°F and prepare a bread pan by greasing sides with coconut oil or lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt & baking soda. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl start by whisking together the eggs, pumpkin puree and almond butter. Then, add the honey, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil. Stir until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until fully mixed together.
- Chop up the chocolate bar into desired chunk sizes and fold into the bread mixture.
- Fold the dried cranberries into the bread mixture.
- Place batter into the prepared bread pan, smooth out the top, add more chocolate chunks and cranberries on top if desired and cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing and ENJOY!