How often do you have an intentional date night with your honey???? Hopefully, this is a recurring practice for you because we all know that nurturing our romantic relationships is how they stay exciting, everlasting and Sassy!
Regardless of how long you have been together…whether you have been married for 20 years or you recently both swiped right and made a connection…prioritizing date night is important.
Have you ever had this conversation?:
You: Honey, what should we do when we go out Friday night.
Honey: I don’t know…what do you want to do?
You: Well… we could see a movie…AGAIN. Or we could go to the bar…AGAIN.
Honey: It doesn’t matter. Whatever you want to do is fine.
You: Can’t you plan something??? I always have to plan! I don’t want to do the SAME THING again!
Honey: Whatever you want. I guess we can just go have pizza and then get some drinks after.
WHOA. STOP. This is not sounding like the Sassy date night that romance novels are made of! Let’s change that up and give you some ideas to spice up your date night and make it more fun!
Step 1: Pick a date. Block it out on both of your calendars. This is now a non-negotiable!
Step 2: If you are parents, book that babysitter!
Step 3: Make your plan. Here’s a list of some out-of-the-box ideas to try out:
Packing a picnic and taking a hike or enjoying it on the beach is a fun way to spice up date night!
- Escape room (make sure to make a reservation!)
- Tap into your competitive spirit and play Lazer Tag
- Go rock climbing at an indoor rock gym
- Make it a day-time date and take a hike and bring a picnic
- Laugh your asses off at a local Comedy club
- Progressive dinner—start at one restaurant for appetizers, then move on to another for dinner, and a third for dessert
- See a local play (HS or collage or small theater company)
- Go to an art exhibit at an Art Gallery
- Explore at a local Museum (art, natural history, science, etc)
- If you have a local venue for Hot Springs…book an hour and soak up the fun!
Step 4: Once you have your plan, start thinking about what you are going to wear, what music you want to listen to in the car and what you want to eat at your meal. Planning the details will build anticipation and excitement.
Step 5: Make a commitment to each other to ditch your phones during date night. No one on social needs to know your exact whereabouts when you are spending time with your honey.
Step 6: Have an awesome date night!
Whatever you end up doing, making sure you plan date nights intentionally on the regular is highly important. Relationships don’t build and grow by just existing in every day life. You need to make special time to be together, have experiences and enjoy each others 1:1 company. As we always say, prioritizing date night is a hell of a lot more fun than spending money to lay on a strangers couch and go to therapy! Cheers to some SASSY HOT fun!