As an IDW, it can be hard to find time to eat! Trust us…we know the STRUGGLE IS REAL! That’s why simple, healthy items you can eat any time of day to give you the fuel you need are a must. These muffins are exactly that! They are packed with good-for-you ingredients to give your body the energy it needs. They have just enough sweetness to satisfy even the craziest sweet-tooth and they can be eaten anytime, anywhere. Kids love them too!
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 Cups oats ground into flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp flax or hemp heart seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dates (pitted, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Grind oats into flour (a food processor works great!).
- Place ground oats into a large bowl and add all other dry ingredients.
- Puree bananas in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade until smooth.
- Add the apple juice, applesauce, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar and process again until combined.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in chopped dates.
- Pour into muffin liners filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until tops are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.