Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day. Even if you don’t workout, you need to start your day off right by fueling your body! During sleep, the body is recovering and restoring and FASTING! When you wake up, your body needs fuel to jump start your metabolism and get everything ready to work at maximum efficiency. As an active individual, if you skip breakfast, you are just setting yourself up to crash later…resulting in hunger pains, hangry moods (yes it’s a real thing!) and you are more likely to overeat the rest of the day. If you think you don’t have time to eat breakfast, this easy recipe is for you! You can prep it ahead of time (Sunday evening is a great time!) and then you will have 6 breakfasts ready for the week ahead. NO EXCUSES!
P.S. If you love “breakfast for dinner” like we do, this is a great evening option as well!
- 12 eggs
- 1 c. Spinach or Kale
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed and chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350°F
- Scramble eggs together. Chop veggies and season w/ salt and pepper to taste. Mix veggies into eggs.
- Spray a 9 x 12 Pyrex dish w/ non-stick spray.
- Pour egg/veggie mixture into dish, bake for 20-30 minutes.
- When cool, cut into 6 even slices.
- *can use any veggies you like! Don’t have to use the ones suggested above!
- **can add a splash of half & half, milk or other non-dairy “milk” into eggs before scrambling to make a little extra fluffy